Sunday, December 14, 2008

2 Things Pissing Me Off About Rap Right Now

No not Lil Wayne though him being as hot as he is pisses me off

1. Kanye pretty much going Gold in his firts week: I am or more was a Kanye fan loved College Dropout & Late Registration fuck I even gasp liked The Graduation bought all 3. Whn I found out he did a remix to Lollipop using the talk box I thought it was Kanye being Kanye staying withen the relms of the song then i heard Put on and thought it was starnge but whatever using something twice isnt a trend then I had the disspleasure of listening to swagger Like use it it become clear to me Kanye was now a "talk box" rapper. And Kanye (with his head so far up his ass he can still see) thought and still thinks that 808's & Heartbreaks is a innovative masterpiece Ive heard it and believe its not its a glorified T-Pain album with African drums. And BET & MTV shoved down these 85% teenagers as the greatest rap album ever there is only one rapped verse on the whole album and that comes from Jeezy. The sad thing is Kane is capeble of making a "mainstream" Madvilliandry as in raw, grimy beats, short songs, no hooks, & subject matter and themes that are not really clear upon first listen if he really wanted to. As much as I know it wont happen but if Kanye really does releases the rap he said he will in June thats remotely like what I just described I would forgive him and go out and buy it first day.

2. All The Charles Hamilton Hate Over The Soulja Boy Comments- I like Hamilton I like how different he is I like the beats I like what he raps about I just like him. He is from Harlem if dipset is any indecation duds from Harlem say what ever the fuck they want even if they really deep down shouldnt. The dude is 21 young im 19 if I was compared to Soulja Boy the first chance I had on a public forum I would. And Hamilton tells the truth the success Soulja boy has had means that middle age what dues at big record labels with no idea what rap music really is (see Jimmy Ievine) will make decisions on who to sign based on who sounds most like Soulja Boy (see V.I.C.) based on what has been "successfull" (Soulja in this context) and that made Hamilton mad it makes me mad. And fuck all these bloggers ( I know I am one to) coming to Soulja Boy defense saying Hamiltons just bitter hes not hes a dude from Harlem saying what the fuck is on his mind. I feel he wont be on Interscope much longer and if that happens if there is a God Peanut Butter Wolf (a white guy who truley with all his heart loves and understands rap) will sign Hamilton to Stones Throw and the reason I write about this is from reading Hamiltons blog all this shit is really getting to em And he seems really overwelmed and I fear he could get burned out before his star really gets to shine.

No comments:

Post a Comment